Corrosion Detector Stationary (CDS)
Continuous corrosion monitoring can be carried out with measuring electrodes fused into the glass lining – the P probe – in conjunction with the associated electronics – the Corrosion Detector. The measuring electronics are connected to the parts being monitored by means of two rhodium point-type electrodes and the product. These can be embedded in glass-lined baffles, Pfaudler Quatro-Pipe, thermo-wells or glass-lined valve stems.
The Pfaudler Corrosion Detector works on the principle of the decomposition voltage analysis. This enables the use of corrosion-resistant conductive fittings without causing a false alarm. The electronics provides four output signals – stand-by, ready, alarm and error.
The operating principle is the same as in the Corrosion Detector Portable (CDP).
Technical data – Product overview
|Measuring task||Continuous corrosion monitoring|
|Measuring range||>= 6-7 mS/cm|
|Operating temp.||-60 to +200 °C|
|Operating pressure||-1 to +40 bar *|
|Ex. protection||II 1/2 G Ex ia IIB T6 or
II 2G Ex ia IIC T6
|Product benefits||– Heavy-Duty Design
– Highly resistant glass layer
– Monitors all corrosion-resistant coatings
– No false alarms – unambiguous alarm message only if corrosion is detected
– Installation of corrosion-resistant metals is tolerated
– Safety for equipment and personnel
* Depending on component or nozzle size